Friday 21 November 2014

Final Product Evaluation


Final Product

The kind if gaming experience I was aiming for in terms of the reactions I wanted for it to generate, would be the feeling of not knowing where you are going, in a way a blind person would, as was the inspiration from the “Out of Sight” animation.

As for whether my final product succeeded in this regard, I feel it did to an extent.
For why it didn’t work, it was mostly due to the lack of environmental assets for the player themselves would see and limited level design, cramming 3 different environments into one level and also that the level itself is too small and so the experience would go by too fast.

However, what was right were the colours to help set a lonely tone and the fact that my character was a floating light with a pulse that represented the sound reflection range which caused the invisible ground to appear when they ‘touched’ as bats and some blind people get around by sound and touch. The platforming aspect of the game works as well to some degree but for this I would rather have the character move more slowly as rushing blind would be a quick way to disaster.

Some changes to the final product that I would make if I had more time would be; to make the character more humanoid as opposed to being a ball, adding more environmental assets to remove the feeling of empty space helping vary the environment and parallax, make it so when the pulse isn’t touching a platform the platform would disappear and including about 2 or 3 more levels to space the environments out.

No comments:

Post a Comment