Thursday 21 May 2015

(FMP) Plan

Section 1: Project Brief

My project will be on making a bullet hell game related to the atmospheric style project done a long time ago. I feel that a shmup genre would be great for making an climatic game and it would be a opportune moment to learn how to make particle effects and multiple bullet behaviours, as well as finding ways to keep lag to a minimum when there are a multitude of objects on the screen.

Section 2: Influences, Research, Sources and Ideas

Influences include bullet hell games such as the Touhou and Gundemonium series of shmups, as well as being some of my research sources.
There are also some general shooters that I'll look into for inspiration on bullet patterns, for a potential art or thematic direction and judging how difficult my game will be.

Section 3: Techniques, Processes and Timetables

I plan to us Photoshop to create the art assets and object animations whilst Construct 2 will be used to develop the game and how it works.
As for my plan:
The first week shall be used to conduct my research, the second to develop a base design for the game to figure out what mechanics I'm going to use, weeks 3 - 4 will be used to create the game's assets, 5 - 7 to start properly making the game on construct with the final week to be used for evaluation.

Section 4: Method of Evaluation

I plan to make weekly updates to my blog on how my work is progressing (unless I forget, then I shall at least write my progress on a word document) and if I am working properly towards the deadline. To determine if my game is successful or not, I will get other people to alpha/beta test the end product and get their critique for me to infer.

No comments:

Post a Comment